On the first of April, our team embarked on a road trip to Swan Hill to assist our wonderful client Swanbuild run their inaugural Open Day.
The purpose of the day was to invite potential customers and the local community to come and view the quality of the Swanbuild homes in person while providing entertainment for the whole family. Activities on the day included factory tours, open display homes, jumping castle and face painting for the kids, a sausage sizzle and free gelato.
The goal was to show 250 people through the homes and on the day we more than doubled our goal and saw a total of 500+ people between 11am – 3pm, achieving a fantastic result for everyone involved.
Planning the Event
Managing a public event always requires a lot of planning and forethought. The preparation for this event began in January, allowing just over 3 months to sort out the finer details. This involved an extensive list of requirements, including but not limited to:
- Sourcing and booking all suppliers
- Liaising with local council to determine if any relevant permits are required
- Compilation of logistics schedule
- Covering insurance requirements
- Organising advertising of the event including local press, social media, eNewsletters, poster distribution, website updates and SMS reminders
- Developing branded promotional material to be distributed on the day including brochures, branded water bottles and giveaways
With our experienced event manager Liz Small at the helm, the event went off without a hitch and we received a lot of positive feedback from attendees on the day. If you’re considering running an event and are not sure where to start, feel free to contact us today to see how we can help!